Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Yummy

I am not sure I can legitimately claim this as my accomplishment...but I'm going to anyway (and we're only one day into the New Year):

Tonight I fixed a stir fry of the following (note: vegetables were frozen; there was a time when I would've fixed them fresh, but not in this present life):
  • tofu
  • snow peas
  • green beans
  • broccoli
  • shiitake mushrooms
  • yellow peppers
  • red peppers
  • orange peppers
  • cashews
  • baby corn
and served it over a bed of brown basmati rice.

Here's what my nearly 21-month old daughter had to say about it (I have to confess that I sprinkled feta cheese over hers to enhance the enticement factor, but I don't think I needed to) and I swear I did NOT script this:



The other thing you must know about my daughter is that she is fascinated with the camera and will be patient just long enough for me to snap the picture...but the flash will no sooner go off before she says, "Pictures, see 'em?" You can see in the video that she is just waiting for that moment.

And a few more "snaps" to enjoy...




No Splurge Today

Unless you count me getting ready to go put in a movie when there are a million other things I need to be doing as a splurge. So tell me, what are YOU splurging on so far this year?

4 comments:

LobotoME said...

she is too cute and that stir fry sounds YUM...how are your goals coming along?

xo, J :)

RunLikeMama said...

They are coming along. I've got 2007 wrapped up and tonight/tomorrow will flesh out 2008!

Anonymous said...

Maureen-I love it when you include comments from Ava!! Your dinner sounded delicious. Last night I baked chicken in a lemon garlic marinade (wegmans), with salt potatoes, fresh mushrooms, and green beans. I think we all should put in a movie every now and then and let the rest of our "to do" list wait alittle while.

Kristin

RunLikeMama said...

I miss Wegman's. Rumor's of one coming this way in the next year or two! Your dinner sounds delicious!