Pages

Friday, January 4, 2008

Turning Nothing into...Everything

I had an anxious heart this morning and I couldn't identify the source, which only created more anxiety because I felt powerless to do anything.

So I did nothing.

That's right. I sat very still and very quiet for as long as it took for
nothing to fill my mind (about 10 minutes) and "what to do" followed closely behind.

I've always been a good pray-er, not such a good meditate-er...and the two are NOT mutually exclusive (that is, you can meditate and be praying, but you can pray and not be meditating).

So, I'm going to add nothing to my morning routine. Anxious or not, I think I could stand a few more "what to do's" from O Lord, my God.

::

Today I was playing basketball with Ava and I made my first shot, to which she responded, "Hooray, yeah Mommy!" My second shot wasn't even close, but that little angel turned to me as sweetly and sincerely as anyone ever has and said, "Almost, mommy!"

I just imagine the sweetfairy sprinkling bits of glittery dust on those little minds and in those full-of-love hearts as they sleep away, trying to make sense of the rest of us.

::


Happy Birthday Melissa!

::
Splurge On

I found our favorite book used for $3.99 today. We've been borrowing it from the library for so long, I thought it time to make it our own. Besides, I am pretty sure it was written for Ava. :)






1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you want to sign up for the swap! Don't forget to send me all the requested information so I can enter you in! Thanks Maureen :)