Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Start Somewhere

Sometimes procrastination isn't really procrastination at all.

Sometimes it's just giving other possibilities a chance to rise to the surface and others (not meant to be) the time to fall away...because sometimes, procrastination is mistaken for resilience or intuitive resistance: resisting instant gratification in anticipation of the longer-lasting, maybe even ever-lasting, kind.

But sometimes, procrastination is just procrastination. And while this article won't do much to help you discern the difference between procrastination and intuition, it will give a few good tips for addressing the former.

So make up your mind to make it okay. Then just start somewhere.

::

Speaking of starting somewhere, one of my favorite Ava stories of late:

When she starts counting--whether stairs, or toes, or till she can "come find me", she always starts with four. "Four, five, six," she says. And when you ask her what the title of her book, "One, Two, Three" is called, she'll tell you, "Four, Five, Six."

I haven't corrected her and don't know that I will...because it's an every hour reminder to me to just start somewhere.

Mid-week Splurge:

Homemade cinnamon bread from my mom-in-law. Yum.


3 comments:

LobotoME said...

that makes me feel better about my procrastination that really isn't procrastination...BUT I can't help but think it IS procrastination - the obvious delay of things that NEED to get done that I keep intentionally putting off...
J :)

RunLikeMama said...

Yes, in that case, I'm afraid it IS procrastination... :)

LobotoME said...

thought so :)