Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2008

A perfect pair

I just love this picture and I'm not even sure what to say about it, so I'll just say nothing and let you enjoy it too.

So not a splurge:

I spent an hour (and tortured my husband and daughter by making them spend it too) in a just-opened sneaker store Friday night. In search of the perfect pair of running shoes (because I'm so convinced that they remain elusive despite the never-had-a-problem with these before).

So, I underwent all kinds of assessments (interview, walk analysis, and even a barefoot run on the treadmill) and what they came up with (same brand I used, different style) they didn't have in my size (of course). So they brought out a men's shoe in the equivalent size. Tired and out of time, I took it.

So anxious was I to try out the new perfect pair of shoes, I geared up for a long treadmill run the next morning...only a couple miles in to realize that my perfect pair were so... unperfect. Too short and way too wide, I had a pain in my right foot, calf, knee and hip the whole day long.

Fortunately they have a 60-day perfect fit guarantee, which means I can return them no questions asked. The only question for me is, do I even try a size up--or do I just give it up. And stick with what I know works while the "possibly-perfect pair" continue to elude me.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maureen,

Shoes are such a tricky thing. I, too, am on a quest for the perfect pair of shoes...be that any kind of perfect shoe. Sneaker, flat dress shoes, high heels, wedge, any kind of shoe. I just want to find a pair that makes my foot look good, makes my entire outfit look better, and doesn't squeeze my toes from five down to three, or kill my back for that matter. I have found I really like LL Bean's hiking shoe (low cut) for women. It has the support of a hiking boot, but is low cut so is more like a sneaker.

Given how much you run, how much you love it, and how painful it is for your body to have the wrong show on...I would say stick to what works for now. Good luck!

Kristin

LobotoME said...

I agree with Kristin - if it ain't broke don't fix it! :)

I can only wear Salomon sneakers. I will NEVER buy any other kind because they fit me perfectly.

Have a safe trip to TN this week.

J :)

pete said...

Why even replace the ones you already are happy with? I've had the same running shoes for over 2 years, they fit like a glove. I once used the same basketball sneakers for 6 years. Granted my big toe ended up almost falling off after an on-court incident in that 6th year, but still.