Pages

Monday, November 5, 2007

Run Through the Grapevine


Yesterday I participated in a 5 mile trail run through the vineyards of a local winery. It was a typical fall day and crunching through the leaves and taking in that fresh, crisp air was one of those slap in the face reminders of why I love to run.

It also reminded me that I don't want a slap in the face reminder of why I love other parts of my life--especially people. So starting today I'm going to find a way to snap out of the take-it-for-granted routine and work on infusing a little bit of zip and gratitude into this life. You know, spice it up a little. (And let people know how much I love them in the process.)

Splurge of the day:

I was looking for some new kitchen lighting and found these instead. The last thing I need is another set of measuring cups, but I'm a sucker for anything red. And besides, I don't have rubber measuring cups!

3 comments:

LobotoME said...

for the love of god, what are you doing up at 4:56AM?

J :)

pete said...

Top 10 Places I would Love to Visit

1. Yellowstone National Park (the Serengeti of North America)
2. The Grand Canyon National Park
3. Glacier National Park
4. Ireland and United Kingdom
5. Italy
6. Austrailia and New Zealand
7. Serengeti National Park (Tanzania, Africa)
8. Olympic National Park
9. St. Lucia (again)
10. Antarctica (for a real adventure

pete said...

Please, no more measuring cups!