Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Cartwheels and Candy Canes

It doesn't take a whole lot to get me excited. Surprise me with an ice-cream cone or a peppermint mocha once a year and you'll get a glimpse of Christmas morning at my house.

So you can imagine how over the moon I was when I learned about the no-call registry a few years back. My phone rarely rings anymore--and when it does, I know it's either family, a few friends, or the Red Cross. Bank of America was getting a little too comfortable for awhile, but I put an end to that.

Now that unwanted phone calls are taken care of, I've moved onto mail. This time of year, the stack of catalogs that fill up my counter space in a day could wall paper my entire house. So when I heard about this, I nearly turned a cartwheel--and I haven't done that in close to 10 years!

Seriously, Catalog Choice lets you opt out of paper catalogs that you no longer want (or ever wanted) to receive. And it's FREE. So sign up today and use the time you'd spend sorting them (or perusing them) to do something you REALLY want to do. Like turn a cartwheel!

Splurge-out

I don't know, maybe it's the season that's being forced down my throat everywhere I turn (yes, I'm talking about Christmas). But I can't get enough of peppermint and chocolate. Together.

And whoever thought that someone could ever come up with an idea to rival Altoids dark chocolate covered peppermint and cinnamon mints.? (Not me).

Well, someone at Trader Joe's obviously did. Talk about excited--I can't go a minute without thinking about these things. And when I do, they bring one of those deep and wide grins to my face (the one that you can't get rid of and look ridiculous trying to).

So, here's the deal. If you can't get to a Trader Joe's or don't have one where you live, I will send you a box. The first five requests are on me, shipping included. There's only one catch: You have to send me a list of your choice. (I'll post it anonymously if that is your wish).

Now that's a splurge you can't resist.

5 comments:

LobotoME said...

since i already left you a list does that count? haha!

I love, love, love Trader Joe's - but the closest one to me is 4 hours away in santa fe...BUMMER! :(

I like the vanilla creme cookies :)

x, j

Unknown said...

The Joe-Joe's look yummy. Maybe you will bring me some next time you're up.

Here's a list of random things I like

Names of mountain ranges

Old grave yards

The way Ava calls me Neeny

The way the air smells on a breezy day

The first skein of yarn in a new knitting project

golf

Anonymous said...

Hi Maureen! Jenny emailed me to leave a list, and since I need to go to the store, here's what I came up with!

My favorite pantry items

Yogi Tea Simply Green
Tazo Awake
grain-sweetened chocolate chips
red lentils for making dhaal
variety of dried and canned beans
brown rice
basmati rice
oat groats
variety of raw nuts
nori
coconut milk
canned tomatoes
santa barbara organic green olives
almond butter
flaxseeds
olive oil
maple syrup
dried dates

-sarah

LobotoME said...

sarah - that is the healthiest grocery list i have ever seen! J :)

RunLikeMama said...

I'm going to make daahl today!