Pages

Monday, November 12, 2007

Odds that don't End (or shouldn't, anyway)

Here is what I love most about early early mornings:

1. Cool floors against bare feet
2. Getting big thinking out of the way while most are still in the midst of big dreaming
3. The light of my computer screen against the dark of everything else
4. The sound of an occasional car passing by...
5. And then daydreaming about where it's headed
6. The quiet wide open space early morning creates and then...
7. Thinking about how I will fill it up with the rest of the day

:: Ripple Effects

We were all excited for my family to visit this past weekend. Ava jumped her way through life each of the days they were here. We spent yesterday in Washington, DC, honoring Veteran's from a distance at a number of ceremonies and at other times, smiling at them as we passed on the street. My dad was one of those Veteran's, having served our country in Vietnam as a Medic with the 101st Airborne. Two of his closest friends that he served with also made the trip. What makes them, and most all Veteran's, so special is the gratitude, respect, and admiration they hold for one another (mostly conveyed through silent understanding rather than composed and precise words) and the humility they apply to themselves. It is a remarkable relationship to witness; a humbling example to follow.

Today's Splurge:

Nothing that costs money today. Just ten minutes tonight to file my nails, write down a few things that have been swirling around searching for a place to land, and enjoy some peppermint tea. I don't know if I'll add honey; I'm going to decide last minute (I know, a real dare devil).






1 comment:

LobotoME said...

lol - you are a dare devil! glad you had a good visit with the fam...

J :)