Pages

Monday, November 19, 2007

La la la

I listened to my first Christmas Carol of the season today--"Oh Holy Night"--and for some reason, when Josh Groban sings it, I feel like it's Oh Holy Day, Night, Morning, whenever. It's Holy just because he's singing it. (Though I must admit, I prefer listening to him sing it rather than watching him sing it.) Some people (like my husband) aren't particularly fond of him--in fact, come to think about it, I can almost generalize and say that most men I know aren't particularly fond of him. But that's alright--I doubt Josh Groban is short on fondness.

::

It's a little presumptuous of me to put a survey on this blog, considering I know of only about six people who actually read it regularly...but every one of you six count and I'm counting on every one of you to participate! If you haven't noticed it already, the survey is located in the sidebar--we'll start off with something easy and see how it goes.

Today's Splurge:

Listening to Christmas Carols before Thanksgiving has passed.

I will be the first to admit that there was a time when "Christmas in July" was a fun but outlandish thought and that more an more, it's becoming an irritating but widely applied practice. We're "getting ready for Christmas" earlier than I get my one year old ready for bed (and that's pretty early).

But singing along with those Christmas Carols today made my daughter happy. For that, I'll splurge on just about anything, even if it means a hint of Christmas even though it is still November.




No comments: