Pages

Monday, February 11, 2008

simply cozy

The doctor told me I had contracted the "flu's cousin" last week. So I was feeling down and a bit uninspired (my excuse for limited blog posts). Fortunately, Pete was spared and Ava seems to have walked away with congestion only. I say "only" but I'm sure she'd have a whole lot more to say about it seeing how a stuffy nose significantly complicates the thumb sucking process.

::

Our local television station is airing a series on bed and breakfasts. I've never stayed at one, but I can't stop daydreaming about the one they profiled this morning, Pleasant Springs Farm Bed & Breakfast. Maybe Peg (the innkeeper) will let us move in.

I am just as attracted by the homemade breakfast made from Peg's chicken's eggs and the peach cobbler from her orchard's peaches (and yarn spun from her sheeps' wool!) as I am by her. In her short 2-minute interview on tv, she exhibited the kindness and peace of a cozy April morning.

I would sound cavalier and shallow to say, "I want to open a bed and breakfast"--understanding that it requires more skill, work, and talent than I have to muster. But I think what it is that I want, after thinking about this bed and breakfast all morning, is the simplicity it inspires.

::

Splurge

Pete and Ava tackled the laundry and played some basketball while I slipped out to the bookstore. Not to read or to buy or to browse, but to write.

Oh, and I did splurge on some new watercolors for Ava. We should be busy at that today.

1 comment:

LobotoME said...

hope you feel better soon!

xo, J :)