Pages

Friday, February 15, 2008

A February Friday

Today Ava and I celebrated her friend Jacob's 2nd birthday at Port Discovery in Baltimore. She didn't even want a story at nap time, just her bed and her blanket.

::

I'm not sure where she picked this up, but lately she's been adding "ey's" on to her words, "foodey," "housey," "milkey."

Strangey.

::

Does February feel like the longest shortest month to anyone else? Time sure doesn't need any help moving along (and trust me, I'd slow it down if I could) but February seems to be dawdling this year. To spice it up a bit, I jumped at the invite to meet up with some girlfriends for a movie tonight. At the movies. Normally, I look forward to Friday nights with Pete and Ava (doing pretty much the same thing we do Monday through Thursday night, but with that, "It's Friday night" feeling). But I think this little night out will be good for all of us.

::

Splurge-not:

I am strictly adhering to my no spending policy. I have only been to the grocery store once this week (I LOVE the grocery store) and I haven't tempted myself with one "oooh this book looks so good!" this week. Pete and I have had a weekly cash allowance since we've been married ($60/week) and so instead of the special coffees and little shirts for Ava, I've been using it to pay for things that I would normally justify as "chargeable" expenses: parking, extra groceries, coffee beans, etc...plus adding more to the poor box at church. So far, so good! And who would've guessed how great it would feel to have a LOW credit card bill at the end of the month and being giving more to people who probably need it, well, more!

No comments: