Pages

Monday, February 25, 2008

little leaps

I haven't said much about it lately, but I'm still doing yoga. I'm mentioning it now because it is relevant to one of today's little leaps.

I've gotten pretty comfortable in my yoga class. (Comfort, by the way, does not come close to conquer). Meaning, I am familiar with the poses and have a sense when I'm close to looking somewhat like I'm supposed to look and when I'm, well, not. There's one transition from pose to pose when you can either walk or jump your feet behind you (think squatting to push up). Well, I've been jumping for some time now, but never in a fluid motion because for me, trying to make something look fluid inevitably looks foolish.

Today, in one big exhale, I did it. I can't say that it looked fluid, but it felt fluid. It felt good.

Leap #1.

Leap #2 is something I've been wanting and meaning to do for some time: find and join a fiction writer's group. I had a little inspiration from a family member in Chicago who joined one and pointed me in a direction where I might find one in Baltimore. I found the email address yesterday and wrote the woman, Ally, today. (Of course, the class is full so I'm on a waiting list, but it's progress).

Leap #2

::

I'd love to hear some of the leaps you've taken, are taking, or are preparing to take.

::

Splurge-Award Goes To...

The spoonfuls of natural peanut butter and creamed honey concoction that I've worn a path from my desk to the fridge to eat for the last two days.

2 comments:

LobotoME said...

well you know all about the leap we didn't take this weekend...but hopefully that will prepare us for the real leap...it did spur a new biz idea! just what i need! another business! lol!

Anonymous said...

A good friend of mine, who is also a talented writer, does a lot with the NYS Writer's Institute. Maybe Maryland has something similar?
Julie