Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2008

sunday times

Today I am getting ready for the carpet cleaner.

That means cleaning out closet floors and underneath the beds.

Here's what I've found so far (aside from lots and lots of dust):

  • a single piece of paper dated 5/2/94 in which I contemplated high school graduation, the uncertainty of life ahead, and the anticipation of a senior trip with childhood friends (the sentiments are not all that different from those I've written as recently as two days ago)
  • pictures of me and Pete that are more than 12 years old (12 years!) with hair that's since grown and some that's not; smiles that deepened with a marriage, a home away from home, and a little miracle from God
  • half-knitted scarves and socks and mittens
  • my phone from freshman year at college
  • ties that I can remember seeing Pete in and thinking "Oh my gosh, he is sooooo well dressed"--and now think, "Oh my gosh, are we old enough to have lived through an era?...and exactly WHAT era was that?"
I'm afraid that I won't accomplish as much cleaning out as I had originally planned--but I sure am having lots of fun remembering the little things tucked away that are, afterall, life.

::

A great message from our Priest this morning, who reminded us as that even as the weight gets heavy, it is never so heavy that we can't endure. We are exactly where we are meant to be at this moment. God's plan for each of us promises peace, happiness, and discovery--but in His time, not ours.

::

I'm working on updates to my 2008 goals, thanks to a reminder from Jenny at LobotoME. I'll try to have my progress updated this week--and hopefully inspire you to gauge yours!

::

Easter Splurge:


Easter bread from my good friend Erin. She gave it to me after our run yesterday morning and by lunch time, it was gone. (I had a little help--visiting family and a certain little one).

No comments: