Pages

Monday, December 10, 2007

dinner's in the freezer update...




I am pleased to report that we are into day four of "dinner is in the freezer (or the cupboard)"--and I'd say that a $25 grocery bill on Sunday screams, "Success!"

So, here's what I've come up with (I know the names are corny, but I had fun making them up):


  • Popeye and Bocelli
  • Turkey Burgers and Butternut Squash
  • Green Beans and Goulash
  • G-rice n' Garbanzo (pronounced G-reece)
  • Chicken Spiedies with a side of Thai'd Broccoli
  • Sucatosh Salad with Chicken
I've listed the directions here, if you want to give them a try. I didn't include exact measurements because I didn't really take any. If you have questions though, don't hesitate to ask.

Startin' off with a Splurge:

I started shopping for my daughter's Christmas presents online this morning at 6:30 am--and was finished by 7:15am. It's probably not a great idea to start off the week in a splurge-frenzy, but I feel a whole lot better now that I've done it.

Here's my favorite gift that we picked out for her even though she seems to make music out of most anything...


2 comments:

LobotoME said...

very impressive Maureen! Making something out of nothing! :)

Anonymous said...

Maureen-there's nothing I enjoy more then not having to get groceries b/c I have enough stuff in my cupboard and freezer. It really does feel like a success when you can have a smaller grocery bill b/c of being creative! Kristin