Pages

Monday, October 29, 2007

Near-Screeching Halt

On Friday I told you a little bit about the Saturday morning coffee shop that we've been going to for more than three years now (and that I practically look forward to going back to the moment we leave). Well, this Saturday was no different except we were able to introduce Ava's grandparents (who were visiting from out of town) to many of our friends.

On Sunday afternoon we decided to go back again, which we don't typically do. On the door was a sign that read, "Closed"--and judging by the vacant countertops, overturned chairs, and end-of-the-month-and-I'm-outta-here-look, they didn't just mean for the day.

That's right. The "shebop" with no warning, no indication, no good-bye, no see ya later, (nothing!) closed shop. I drove over this morning just to make sure. "Closed." (Update: Found out they closed because they couldn't find help--not due to an emergency, thankfully).

I emailed a few of our friends (we don't have contact information for others) and they were hearing it from me for the first time. I've always been a bit sentimental, but now that Ava's involved (she practically took her first steps there) the weight feels a little heavier. I hate to sound so dramatic about it, but I'm bummed. Not to mention the fact that I just wrote about it on Friday!

Onto other topics that don't require caffeine to get you jittery:

I've posted my Christmas Gift List template. It works for me, but I'm always up for hearing about how others get organized (that doesn't just go for Christmas, either). If you like it, then you should know:

  • The amount column will automatically total at the bottom (and you don't have to include the dollar sign ($)--it will do it for you).
  • When you have completed a person on your list, type in DONE in the Status column and it will automatically shade red (was I excited when I discovered THAT feature!).

And for the Splurge of the Day:

Eight more classes of Hot Yoga!

I've completed my second class and I'm still pathetic, but I kind of enjoy it. I realize I will never (trust me, in my case, never applies) be able to put my feet anywhere but in front of me (and a good ways in front of me) but I am actually okay with that. I think I'm supposed to learn more than flexibility from this, so open mind, open palms, and open wallet: Hot Yoga, I'm yours.

1 comment:

LobotoME said...

Never say never Maureen! :)

Can't beleive about the abrupt coffee shop closing...maybe they are just closed temporarily for a family emergency or something.

I will email you the Chistmas list I use...I don't know how to upload a word file here.

J :)