Pages

Monday, January 26, 2009

Hiney's & Rainbows

The other morning little one told me she had a dream about rainbows.

I asked her if she slid down it (a la..say say oh playmate, come out and play with me, and bring your dolly's three, climb up my apple tree. Slide down my rainbow...)

She informed me that she, in fact, had. With all of her friends.

That is, those who sleep in bed with her: Elmo, Big Bird, Curious George, Bob, JoJo, baby, and Otto.

She made it a point to tell me that Shamu did NOT slide down the rainbow.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because he doesn't have a hiney," she said.

I guess the we only slide on our hiney's rule has taken effect.

Splurge: Big Girl Bed

It's on its way. The big girl bed is on its way. Is she ready for it? Without question. Is her mommy? Not a chance.

I guess that's the conundrum of parenthood: praying for them (and teaching them how) to grow and live into responsible, independent, and loving people...while at the same time wanting them to stay little for just a little longer.

3 comments:

Katie said...

That is too cute, Maureen! I can see Isabelle thinking and saying the same thing!! You'll have to let me know how the big girl bed goes...I'll need all the support I can get when that time comes! We've just starting potty training and it's bittersweet-I can't believe we're here already!!! Take care!
Katie

Anonymous said...

I agree with Katie...too cute! I love how Ava talks about her dreams w/ her friends and rainbows. It does sound like your "we only slide on our hiney's" rule definitely took effect. Hope the transition to a big girl bed goes well. Kristin

RunLikeMama said...

Thanks Katie and Kristin--
I'll let you know how the transition goes. As I said, she's ready to sleep in it NOW, except for the fact that it hasn't left the west coast from what I can tell :) I'm ashamed to admit that I selected the latest possible delivery date. Totally manipulated that one. I told myself it's because we haven't picked up sheets for her yet...queen of rationalization at your service! M