Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

a scent

There is this line in a U2 song, "Miracle Drug"...
Freedom has a scent
like the top of a newborn baby's head...

I won't analyze it. I'll just say that it's true. It's really really true.

*

I've sat down to write about a dozen posts in the past four months.
Kept coming up empty.
Partly the pressure to find the perfect words to describe a perfect being; partly the pressure to find the perfect words to convey a perfect feeling; partly the pressure to find the perfect words to share an imperfect perspective. So, I've decided that I'm done with pressure. I love writing too much. And it seems these years, I have plenty to write about.

*

It feels good to be back. I can't make any promises about how often. That assumes, of course, that anyone is still reading. But I am back. So stay tuned. There's lots to share.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOOOOO glad you are BACK! Yeah!! I know how much you love writing, so kick the pressure to the curb and just write for the love of writing and nothing else. Missed you!! Love, Kristin

Unknown said...

Great to have you back. Can't wait to meet the new little one!

LobotoME said...

woohooo! i'm still here! xo, J :)