Pages

Monday, April 14, 2008

A little BEHIND










{I swear that I did not realize the appropriateness of this picture (to the title and the post) until AFTER I posted.}

Here are a few to do's that keep losing out to to must's (groceries, wash clothes, work, breathe):
  1. Download pictures from little one's birthday party
  2. Finish making the CDs for this little project I dreamed up in celebration of little one turning two (way more on this, I promise)
  3. Fold and put away laundry
  4. Clean out closet and rid it of all things wool and winter!
  5. File
::

Friends of ours have 7 to 10 day to "getaway"...but they still haven't decided WHERE. They asked ME to ask YOU for suggestions...

So, if you could go anywhere in the WORLD for 7-10 days, where would you go?

leave a comment or email me at splashesandsplurges dot com

::

Send Me Your Splurges!

I'm still not spending money (at least not on anything with "ooh and aah" quality). So I really need you to send along what you've been indulging in lately--with time, money, or energy. PLEASE.

5 comments:

LobotoME said...

Hi!

We splashed at the rec center pool this weekend and splurged on sushi date night!

7-10 vacation - do I have ideas? Of course I have ideas. 1) US Adventure - If they want to stay in the US then they should go to the national parks in SE Utah &/or Lake Powell. www.discovermoab.com - if they are interested in this I can send more info on where we recommend to hike, bike, visit, etc.
2) Beach vacation/
international - Fly into San Jose, Costa Rica International Airport - SO FUN and head west to any of the beaches along the Pacific coast.
3) Beach/Surfing Vacation Idea #2 - flights into Puertto Vallerta, Mexico International Airport and head an hour north to Sayulita, Mexico. Love that place.

xo, J :)

RunLikeMama said...

Thanks Jenny at LobotoME! I think I might just have follow up on these suggestions myself! :)

Anonymous said...

If I had 7 -10 days (and a travel budget) hmm...
1. Costa Rica- a friend wnet their recnetly and loved it
2. Rome- so much history and art
3. San Fransisco - I am currently obsessed

Splurges- I did but some clothes recnetly, but they were "work" clothes not clothes that I wanted so it did not feel very much like a splurge. I guess my biggest splurge recently was the whole lot of nothing that I did this weekend, lots of reading and cooking a rejuvenating after a very tough budget negotiation.

julie

Anonymous said...

If I had 7-10 days I would: (and this would depend on my mood)

1) Go to Disney World as it really is a magical place
2) Go to Italy and Greece- they are beautiful countries and there is so much to see and do.
3) Go to Bermuda via a cruise as nothing is more relaxing then the ocean and white sand beaches

Splurges: I bought Randy Pausch's book The Last Lecture. I saw him on Oprah and cried and I watched him on Primetime with Diane Sawyer and loved his outlook on life. He has an infectious spirit and words of wisdom that I hope to live by. I also purchased a DVD of the last lecture he gave at Carnegie Mellon University to show to my class. I think what Randy has to say will teach them far more about how to live their life then a textbook ever could.

Kristin

Anonymous said...

Gee, Sydney, Queenstown, Vancouver, Ibiza, and Mykonos.

Duke